FC4: midi problem after upgrading to KDE 3.5?!

sguazt sguazt sguazt at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 17 17:24:30 UTC 2005

Hi!
I usually do not use KDE (I prefer Enlightenment) but today after doing "yum
update" I saw the new KDE 3.5 version had been installed. So I wanted to try
it and ... (they said "curiosity killed the cat") ... now I have problem
with midi sound.

Let me explain ...
I started KDE, not as root, then I played to KMine and I launched the
Desktop Setting.
Then I logged out from KDE, and edited my .xinitrc for restoring the use of
Enlightenment as window manager.

And now the problem:

Everytime I try to play something with
timidity -Os file.midi
or simply call
timidity -h
I get this error:

Creating link /home/foobar/.kde/socket-entropy.
can't create mcop directory

("foobar" is the user name)
I've also tried as root user but I've got the same errors.
(the error also happens in console mode )

The strange thing is if I use aplaymidi or kmid I get no errors but no sound
is emitted.

Before all worked!!

So, any idea??

Thanks so much!!