WebTrends replacement

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sat Dec 17 23:00:45 UTC 2005

Well, as I recall from memory, the way IIS manages log files is that
it keeps different log files for different cases (really bizarre) and
also I have at least two years of log files. I do reacall that I had to
basically configure the windows IIS side myself as the awstats did not
process all the different log file cases at the time. I changed the
script to incorporate all of the relevant log files. This may be part of
the problem and I don't recall if caching was supported at the time.

I am using the old/first? server IIS (v5.0) so maybe awstats works only
for the newer/latest IIS version. I can check once again to see what the
problem I had was. In any case - trying to get ALL the log files initially
was a HUGE processing chore - and it worked at first but as time went on,
it got worst and worst and finally stopped working altogether.

Dan