OK so what happened to the KDE task bar???

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 14:50:57 UTC 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 14:28, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Saturday December 17 2005 21:54, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> > try to restart taskbar with:
> > dcop kicker Panel restart
>
> No joy, runs for a mo then dies.
>
> Upgrading to KDE 3.5 so far is a disappointment, kmail icons for
> spamassassin missing too.

Have you tried with a "fresh" .kde in your  $HOME DIR? "sometimes" this is
needed with kde updates..
Logout, mv .kde .kdeOLD and fire up KDE again.. this will create a new .kde
DIR.

***NOTE****
you will loose all your current KDE settings but it may help in solving your
problem, maybe a good idea also to "mv" .local and .config as well... Just
for a test..
KDE-3.5 is a Major improvement IMO... but I am biased ;-)

HTH

Colin
--
Fedora Core 4, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.15-rc5-ck3
KDE-Redhat-3.5.0-2.2.fc4.kde