Is Redhat/Fedora Losing Interest in KDE?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:28:23 UTC 2005

On 12/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> > On 12/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
>
> >>FYI, in theory the menus should be approximately the same, but redhat
> >>chose to make kde's different (I think it's related to a past bug, but I
> >>don't believe it's relavent anymore).
>
> > Red Hat drew fire from KDE folks back when they chose to change KDE to
> > make it as "GNOME-like" as possible.
>
> Nice way to spin it.  More accurately: "Red Hat drew fire from both
> Gnome and KDE folks by choosing to making them look alike by using a
> common Style/Theme called Bluecurve".
>
> However, in the case of menus (ie, the context of this thread), your
> comment is off-the-mark.

a.) There wasn't much fire from the GNOME folks because, frankly, the
GNOME folks had more important things to worry about.

b.) It's perfectly in the context of the thread -- the layout of the
menus *is* part of what Red Hat changed.

c.) Stick your sarcasm in your ear. ;-)

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."