Help uninstalling extra languages from Open Office

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 23 16:30:28 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 17:04 -0700, David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud)
> wrote:
>
>>yonas at erimp3.com wrote:

[and want to get rid of the language pack]

> rpm -qf /path/to/file/you/would/like/to/remove
>
> should point you to the package to remove.

I guess I didn't make my question quite clear. How would
I go about finding the name of the package? Oh, I see, you
mean ask rpm to find for me the package by providing
the file name. But I don't know the file name, either. I don't want
to delve into the guts of OOO. I just want to remove the
language pack.

[snip]

> That would be because you are using FC4; Mike is using FC2, for which
> the "yum remove openoffice-i18n" advice is appropriate.

And it appears to have worked. OOO is now 256M or so, rather than
1G or so, and appears still to run. Loads faster, too.

Thanks all!

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.