Yumex 0.44 profiles

Tim Lauridsen tla-ml at rasmil.dk
Sun Dec 25 08:25:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 07:20 +0100, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

> Does Yumex manage profiles in the right way??
> If I de-select a repository and I save the profile, when I re-start
> Yumex shows same repository still selected!!!! I understand that
> yumex.profiles.conf is reverted to the original one at exit of Yumex.
> Any hint?

In Yumex 0.44 the 'Std' Profile is a special profile there always
contains the repositories there have 'enabled=1' in then .repo file.
The same repositories there will be use by running yum at the command
line.
You can changes the repository selection and save it to the 'Std', but
it will be ignored when yumex is restarted.

1. Create a new profile ex. "My Profile"
2. Select the the repositories you want in the profile and save the
profile.
3. When you start yumex it will remember the last used profile and use
it.

Tim