FC4 Pine replacement?

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Tue Dec 27 01:45:59 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> 2. It it somewhat clumsy to use ipop and imap with mutt.
> Otherwise mutt is simpler than pine to use in my opinion.

I had been a Pine user for many years and finally made the switch to
Mutt awhile back.  I really got used to it, but my email needs finally
needed me to make more use of IMAP.  Mutt's performance seemed to
diminish greatly when getting it to work with IMAP, so I ended up going
back to Pine for awhile.  So I am in agreement with the above statement.

I still use mutt on machines that only need access to local email though.

-J