OT: Asus K8N

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 30 02:32:52 UTC 2005

Steven Ringwald wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I apologize for this off-topic question. I have a FC4 (x86_64) system
> running on an Asus k8n motherboard. So far, everything about this
> motherboard is *perfect* for what I am looking for in a small home
> server. Thing is, I would rather not put a PCI or AGP video card into
> this machine if I don't have to. Does anyone know how to configure this
> board to boot completely "headless"..? Ideally, I will be running getty
> on the serial port for those rare occasions that I need console access.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, as I have searched google and Asus'
> website with little luck so far.

I'd be surprised it its possible, Since I have a box of video cards
(from a weak moment at an auction) my preference is to have a card
installed "just in case." No keyboard, monitor or mouse though.

Note that serial ports are a diminishing commodity: laptops here (three
of them) have none, recent (desktop) mobos have one.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait