FC4 Users?

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Dec 30 16:53:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 08:32 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is FC4 a fully working and stable release?  Should I be upgrading
> to FC5 (is it rawhide?) because it is more stable or better or has
> neato features or what?
>
> Since FC5 does not yet have a "stable release", should I wait?
>
> Kind regards,
> Dan
>
> --

Dan,

If you want to help the FC team to test and debug FC5 I would encourage
you to get started with FC5 rawhide.  The members of this list are great
participants.

If you need a stable release I would advise FC4, but even with FC4 you
will need to make sure to avail yourself of the upgrades after you
perform the installation of the fc4 distro.

I have been following Fedora from FC1,through FC4 and recently started
changing the desktops from MS/xp to FC4.  The acceptance from the users
has been better than I expected. The only software that is not
replaceable has been MS Publisher.

I probably will not upgrade these units to FC5 until the end of 2006 to
make sure most problems have been resolved with the new release.

Have Fun!!!!

Greg