Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already ...

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 30 23:56:31 UTC 2005

jdow wrote:
> Joao, it's best to see if you can answer the question yourself, first.
> Several hints have been published in this thread for such lookups. I
> suspect a quick google on the list URI for your question is the best
> first step if you have not been reading the list regularly for several
> months. The deadliest thing you can do is ask about a question that was
> discussed to death in great gory detail just the preceeding week. {^_-}

Nah, I think Michael Wright's showing a better wrong way.

People will make allowances if it's clear English isn't your preferred
language, but that doesn't relieve you of the responsibility to try to
make a good fist of it.

OTOH Michael's first language is almost certainly English, and it's true
Queenslanders talk funny, especially up around Townsville, but I expect
even Queenslanders would have no idea of what he's talking about.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait