HELP: ldap comes to screeching halt

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 1 15:08:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 08:53 -0600, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 07:40 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>
> > perhaps you need to db_recover if it is dbd files. If it is ldbm, I am
> > not clear on method to recover. FWIW - I run a weekly script that
> > slapcat's the db to a backup directory and thus I could nuke the files
> > and slapadd/slapindex in no time.
>
>    Thanks for the fast reply.  Did you know there's no man page for
> db_recover?  There's also something called /usr/sbin/slapd_db_recover;
> is that likely to be any use?  (db_recover, alone seems to go nowhere
> and I'm guessing at the 'usage' statement)
----
cd /var/lib/ldap #or wherever your ldap *.dbd files are located
db_recover

does your slapd.conf use ldbm or dbd? - that may be an important
question

grep ldbm /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
grep dbd /etc/openldap/slapd.conf

one of those is going to tell you this

and db_recover - I'm not sure how/if it works with ldbm

Craig