Volume settings not preserved, who's to blame?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 17:36:12 UTC 2005

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I find that my volume settings are not saved in FC2.  I have to turn up the
> volume every time I log in.  Examining the volume control settings, it
> looks like that all settings are saved, except for the "PCM" setting.
>
> Who do I file this bug against?

Do you have a standard Fedora kernel?

What sound card do you have?

Do you have a line containing "/usr/sbin/alsactl store" in
/etc/modprobe? What does the rest of the line say?

What happens if you run
/usr/sbin/alsactl store
from the root prompt?

Thanks,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "Land Rover say it is permanent, I say I have a
Exeter    Devon    UK | large selection of spanners and a big hammer..."