screensaver during video playback

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Feb 2 14:02:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 15:03 +0200, Gedas wrote:

> does anyone know if there is a way to disable screensaver during video
> playback. I use FC3, and totem or mplayer to play videos.

To the best of my knowledge Totem does that automatically. I don't use
mplayer from the command line, but if you use gmplayer (the gui) you can
right-click the gmplayer window and under preferences there is an option
to disable xscreensaver. Given that, there is almost certainly a command
line switch for mplayer which does the same, but I don't know what it
is.

Best, Darren