Network Drive Mounting Issue

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:13:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:23:39 -0700, Kevin Fries <kevin at hcico.com> wrote:

> Chris Graham wrote:
>
> | This may seem like a newbie question, but I'm new to FC3 and I have
> | been looking for hours through the man pages with no luck, but is
> | there a good way in the shell or GNOME to mount a network drive to
> | the system? The drive I need to access requires a logon and is
> | running under a Windows XP partition, although whether it's FAT32 or
> | NTFS I'm not sure.
>
> # mkdir /mnt/myMount
> # mount -t smbfs -o username=netgenius,password=that$me
> //remoteMachine/sharename /mnt/myMount

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#smbmount

Take a look there.

Also you can doubleclick Computer (if you use gnome) and then go File
-> Connect to Server

Choose Server Type = Windows Share

And then work your way through the dialog.

Works for me others say its a pain.  Lots of steps next to the simple CLI way.