100% Linux - Is it possible?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Feb 2 22:05:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 16:45, Geoffrey Leach wrote:
> On 02.02 11:38, Pete Choppin wrote:
> > I was just looking for a consensus on this...
> >
> > The question is - can you live completely without Windows, or do you
> > sooner or later have to resort to Windows again?
>
> There are three reasons why you might wish to keep Windoze around.
>
> 1.  You might wish to run programs for which there is no Linux
> equivalent.

Fewer of those every day.  :)

> 2.  Some websites provide services that require a Windoze environment.

Post their URLs to slashdot.  You really did not need to go to that site
anyway.  :)

Or lodge a complaint with the webmaster.

> 3.  If you have a hardware problem, being able to reproduce it on
> Windoze may be necessary to get the vendor's attention.

A brick through the front window of their offices usually gets their
attention quicker.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

QOTD:
	"I am not sure what this is, but an 'F' would only dignify it."