A Database Client with a GUI under FC1 ?

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Feb 2 23:06:58 UTC 2005

Scott Anderson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 01:32 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Try http://mp3-database.sourceforge.net/
>
> It is written with Perl, and works with MySQL which is an open source
> database backend.  It works in conjunction with XMMS but the author
> claims it can be adapted to other media players.

Yes i have read the readme

> I haven't tried this myself, mind you... write back and say if it works
> for you!

Well first i have to make a stop by en.tldp.org and look for a howto in
order to
make the MySQL server start . And then i have to figure out what Perl
modules i need to
install . in order to satisfy the dependencies of the programm .
At the cpan prompt i tried the help command but there was nothing
revealing about how to
list the already installed modules .  To install a new module i think it
goes with

module name : install ( at the cpan prompt )

My Apologies but i have never dealed before neither with MySQL Server
nor with Perl .

I will return as soon as i have any further news .