Strange problems with sshd under fc3 - Rejecting all users but one

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 3 00:00:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Eric Vought, Technical Director wrote:

> Symptoms:
> sshd rejects all users but one (my account) with "*user* rejected
> because not in AllowUsers".

Maybe not releated - but I thought I'd sugest anyway..

Once I had problem with adding new users with
'system-config-users'. However I could add with 'adduser' - but ssh
whouldn't accept the passwd.

The thing that resolved this issue for me was running
'system-config-securitylevel' - in the 'Selinux' tab, disabling
Selinux - and then re-enabling it again.

Satish