Configure FC2 as Bridge

Franco primo at ischianet.com
Thu Feb 3 16:42:27 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth ha scritto:
> Franco wrote:
>
>> Hi, i need to use a FC2 server as firewall for my network,
>> i have configured it as write on shorewall sites:
>>
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0
>>
>> DEVICE=br0
>> TYPE=Bridge
>> IPADDR=213.xxx.xxx.xxx
>> NETMASK=255.255.255.248
>> ONBOOT=yes
>>
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
>>
>> DEVICE=eth0
>> TYPE=ETHER
>> BRIDGE=br0
>> ONBOOT=yes
>>
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1:
>>
>> DEVICE=eth1
>> TYPE=ETHER
>> BRIDGE=br0
>> ONBOOT=yes
>>
>> After a /etc/init.d/network restart
>> i have lose the ssh connection and seams that the server
>> can't ping other ips.
>>
>> Can anyone help me?
>

> OK, so nobody has bitten since you posted this exact same question
> yesterday, let's have a try.
>
> Can you post the output of:
>
> # ifconfig -a
> # netstat -rn
>
> Paul.

Hi Paul, this server is offline now so i can't copy and paste the output
of ifconfig -a what do you need to know?
this is what i see with netstat -rn

Kernel ip routing table
destination     gateway   genmark        flag mss windows irtt iface
213.199.xxx.xxx    *    255.255.255.248   U    0    0      0     0
169.254.0.0        *    255.255.0.0       U    0    0      0     0

Frank