How do i satisfy package dependencies?

Igor Lumpus igorlumpus at bredband.net
Thu Feb 3 18:05:39 UTC 2005

> available.

> > /var/logs/yum.log

> > please post

> > > Try installing as many updates as you can using
> > > "yum update rmt dump squid etc. ..."
> > >

> > > When you're left with just the ones that won't work, try "yum
> > > clean" and
> > > then try "yum update" again.
> > >
> > > Paul.
> > >

> > I tried to make a yum clean since the package list is from my
> > guessing 261
> > items....
> >
> > However it did not work as expected:
> >
> > yum clean
> > Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> > Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
> > Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
> > Finding updated packages
> > Cleaning packages and old headers
> > yum update
> > Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> > Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
> > Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
> > Finding updated packages
> > Downloading needed headers
> > Resolving dependencies
> > Damaged Header
> > /var/cache/yum/updates-released/headers/koffice-4-1.3.5-0.FC2.
> 1.i386.hdr
> > Bad Header for pkg koffice.i386 trying to get headers for
> the nevral -
> > exiting
> >
> > Sorry but i am not at all familiar with yum. I have never had
> > a problem
> > before
> > so there was never a reason to understand what is going on.
> >
> > /Igor
> >
> Try removing the file
> /var/cache/yum/updates-released/headers/koffice-4-1.3.5-0.FC2.
1.i386.hdr and then try again. If you get the > same problem, try using a
different mirror.

> Paul.

I cleaned out the whole /headers/ directory and made a new yum update
but it came back with:
Resolving dependencies
....Unable to satisfy dependencies
Package php-ldap needs php = 4.3.8-2.1, this is not available.
Package php-mbstring needs php = 4.3.8-2.1, this is not available.

I wonder how come this has changed since my first failed yum update on Jan
30
which did not had this dependencies problem.

my URL's are:
ftp.chl.chalmers.se/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/
ftp.chl.chalmers.se/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/i386/

Thx
/Igor