100% Linux - Results

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Feb 3 20:19:25 UTC 2005

Pete Choppin wrote:

> Ok,
>
> First of all, I would like to thank all who replied.  I got 35 replies
> to this question, which is incredible.
>

> I apologize that I have taken so long to respond, but I got distracted
> with mundane real-life.  Also, the responses kept coming.  By the time
> I had read one response and considered a reply, 5 others had appeared.
>

> In order to provide anything meaningful in this I decided to
> categorize the responses.
>
> (There were multiple responses in some cases)
>

> 11 believe it is possible to go 100% Linux depending on various
> circumstances or needs
>
> 6 replied that it is simply possible
>
> 5 replied that Windoz should only be kept for gamez
>
> 6 said they only use Windoz in the workplace because they had no other
> choice
>
> 12 people declared that they are completely 100% Linux - most of those
> said they would never go back to M$
>
> The remaining 5 responses said that aside from one or two
> applications, they were also 100%
>

> Conclusion -
>
> About as many people who are 100% Linux users say that it is possible
> depending on certain circumstances.  It also appears that some of the
> replies were using Windoz as their gauge as to what their computer
> needs are and if it is feasible to live without certain Windoz
> applications.  Some went so far as to advise that an assessment of how
> a computer is used should be based on applications or tasks performed
> in a Windoz environment and then compare this to the available Linux
> applications.  From there one could decide whether it was practically
> feasible to operate in a completely Linux environment.
>

> Based on the advice and suggestions that I received, I believe I have
> an ideal environment for Linux and that a 100% switchover would not
> only be possible, but would be a positive change.
>

> Thank you for all the well thought out responses.
>
> --
> Pete

I'm glad you found all of our responses possitive and that you have made
up your mind!! You'll see it is a little bit awkward at first,
especially when you try to do something you are not so sure how to, but
know that's doable, but other than that, I think you'll be a very happy
Linux'er!

Welcome, and ejoy your stay!