Activating wireless card at boot

Richard S. Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Feb 4 00:53:18 UTC 2005

Once my computer is booted up, I can execute the following series of commands
(as root):

# iwlist wlan0 scan
# iwconfig wlan0 key restricted <my-key>
# dhclient wlan0

in order to get up and running with my wireless card. I'm using a Linksys
WPC-11b ver. 3 wireless card with ndiswrapper, and my laptop is running FC3
kernel 2.6.10-1.741_FC3.

No matter what I do, though, I can't seem to get this working on boot. I've
tried creating the new wireless device in the network configuration tool,
entering all of the proper settings in the "Wireless" tab. The computer seems
to recognize the wireless card and reports a strong signal, but I can't see
the SSID for my WAP and I certainly can't get an IP address from the DHCP
server.

What am I missing?

--
Slainte,