Any mailing list for Fedora newbies?

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:14:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:44:40 +0000 (GMT), thebearwitchproject
<thebearwitchproject at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> --- Rajev Mhasawade <rcmpost at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > It seems this group is meant for geeks.I hardly
> > understand anything :'(
> > Is there any special group for Fedora newbies??
> > Plzz lemme know.
> > Rajev
> >
> Not exactly the best way to get help, by calling the
> people here geeks. I am a complete newbie and have
> found the people here to be extremely helpful whe I
> asked my questions. Therefore if you want to know
> something ask.

Perhaps as a complete newbie, you should know that those of us who are
technically superior are confident enough in ourselves not to be
bothered by someone calling us a geek.

LOL

But seriously, I think it's been quite a long time since anyone has
used the term "geek" in a derogatory or cruel way. Best Buy now has a
whole department galled "Geek Squad" where they sell components and do
computer upgrades. And there is a nationwide company called "Geeks on
Call" for mobile computer help.