Gmail Invites

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 4 02:48:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 20:21 -0600, linux.whiz at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:58:18 -0700, Craig White
> <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:> I don't know about their viral
> marketing effort running out of steam, it
> > has managed to pollute this list once again.
> >
> > For those of you who use gmail and aren't smart enough to know...
> >
> > offering invites to a mail list is called SPAM
> >
> > It is surely against the rules of this or any other list
> >
> > Craig
>

> And once again some dickhead self-appointed list Nazi has to chime in
> as if he is the arbiter of The Rules.
>
> You moron, the OP was trying to be nice.  Shut up and let him.  If you
> don't like the post, then USE THE DELETE KEY.
>
> Better yet, why don't you go bust on the "History of the Fax" thread?
> It's certainly off topic - why aren't you over there jumping in their
> business?  How about the greylisting thread?  That's not included with
> FC3!  Heretics!  Oh, foul, evil, off-topic posters!  Please, Craig, go
> save us from the horrors of off -topic posts!
>
> Jeez.
----
wow - guess I tripped your trigger

If you look at
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-January/msg02085.html>

You will see Dave Jones from Red Hat say much the same thing (and
specifically about offering invites for gmail on this list.

With respect to your personal sniping at me for pointing out what should
be - but apparently isn't obvious to you, offers for things like gmail,
tupperware, amway products and other viral marketing items simply can't
be tolerated as it would pollute this list if unchecked.

I don't aspire to be list nazi as you put it. Just trying to promote
common sense. If you don't like my posts, I suggest that you take a dose
of your own medicine and delete my posts...or I suppose you can offer
more glimpses into your exploding psyche as demonstrated above.

Craig