CUPS and Epson Stylus C86

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 03:50:35 UTC 2005

Bill Spears wrote:
> I'm trying to get an Epson Stylus C86 to work with Fedora 3.
> I have an HP 1200 working off the parallel port and I want the Epson to
> work off the USB.

You have to set up printing with the Epson C86 with either the Gnome
Printer Setup 'program' or the KDE Printer setup, not within CUPS under
Fedora Core 3.

> I've got gimp-print and foomatic installed.

I'm using gimp-print-ijs.

> When I use the browser utility of CUPS to install the printer and print
> a test page, I just get a few characters printed on several pages.

This will happen if you use a print driver not designed for your printer.

> I'm not sure what to try next.

Reinstall your printer with the printer tool from within Gnome or KDE.

--
James McKenzie