FC3 on Toshiba Satellite A15-S129 Laptop?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 4 04:48:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 23:39, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> Has anyone successfully installed FC3 on a Toshiba Satellite A15-S129
> laptop? I'm currently still running RH9 on mine. Several months ago I
> tried installing FC2. It would install but the pcmcia slot no longer
> functioned. When I would plug my wireless card in (or any pcard) it
> would not even beep, let alone work. I had to re-insall RH9. I would
> love to try FC3 but don't want to have to re-install RH9 if FC3 doesn't
> work with the pcmcia slot. How can I check this out in advance?
>
> Rick B.

I just installed FC3 on a Toshiba Tecra M2.   Having a problem at the
moment getting the built in ipw2200bg wireless to work.  I have also
found that if the wireless on/off switch is thrown FC3 locks up solid.
(is that worth a bug report?)

It seems to see the wireless interface, able to run an iwlist scan and
see the available APs but have been unable to connect to an AP.

But to your problem.  What does lspci give you?  How about cardctrl
status and cardctl ident?

And did you try:

service pcmcia restart

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

He that is giddy thinks the world turns round.
		-- William Shakespeare, "The Taming of the Shrew"