History of FAX, totally OT

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 13:18:26 UTC 2005

Um, for what it is worth the newspaper industry was one of the
major pushes for the development of facsimile, particularly the
modern group 3 "digital" facsimile. They had pictures they wanted
to print and money to burn doing so. Sylvania and then Magnavox
were big names in the actual development work.

{^_^}