newbie installation question (quickie)

Goose Gosswiller gooseg at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 18:56:01 UTC 2005

Douglas Frank <frank <at> zk3.dec.com> writes:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm just now installing core 3 and have booted from the first iso,
> completed all the media checks (all passed) and am waiting for something
> to happen.  Is there some kind of visual feedback during installation?
> All I have is a blue screen with a welcome message at the top and a
> keystroke menu along the bottom.  The CD reader has been busy off & on
> for 10-15 minutes now but nothing seems to be happening.
>
> If this is not unusual, I gotta say a little visual feedback would be
> helpful....

When you burned your .iso files did you burn them as an iso or as an image. If
you look at the directry structure do you see one .iso or multiple files.....if
it's a single .iso you need to re-burn the iso's as an image. You can search the
archives here to find the proper process.....
HTH.....
cheers
goose