Fedora 3 instalation for PDC

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Feb 5 01:50:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 19:36, rmgsantos at sapo.pt wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm new to linux and I'm intrested in testing Linux as a PDC for a small
> windows network.
> Could you help me with the best installation setup for the Fedora 3.
> I would like to know what modules are the best to install and what type of
> install should I do and any other recommendations that you can remember.
>
> For now I have a old IBM Pentium 100 with 64mb ram and a 20gb disk.

For that function and the equipment you listed you will want to do a
minimal install and add the samba packages.  Shut every thing else
down.  You most likely will not be able to run X windows or any of the
windowing systems in just 64MB, at least not that it would be very
responsive.

Recommend you check out some of the online tutorials or pickup one of
the many books on samba to get details on setting up a PDC.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Q:	How many lawyers does it take to change a light bulb?
A:	One.  Only it's his light bulb when he's done.