Fedora Core 3 Install w/ Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller

William Powell billpwl1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 5 16:03:13 UTC 2005

I am trying to install FC3 but the install hangs after the initial FC
boot screen and the vmlinuz kernel loading.......   I suspect that it
can't find a driver for my Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller, but then,
neither can I.  I am currently running RH9 booting from this same
controller with dual PIII 1.0 ghz CPU's

I have tried the noprobe option but the same response, after loading the
kernel, it hangs at a blank text screen with a cursor flashing in the
top left hand corner.

I looked through most of the text files on the CDs, but haven't found
anything that has helped, any suggestions?  What have I missed?

Bill