Trimming kernel

Jean-Louis Leroy jll at soundobjectlogic.com
Sat Feb 5 18:25:32 UTC 2005

Suppose I have installed FC3 and I'm happy with the way my computer
runs, i.e. all the hardware is available. Now I want to play with new
kernels but if I just do a `make config` it will take ages to build
the new kernel because stock FC3 kernels contain just about everything
Linux supports in order to run on most computer.

Is there a tool that I could run to create the smallest .config that
would give me the same functionality as the 'universal' jumbo kernel?
--
Jean-Louis Leroy
Sound Object Logic