problem with booting after upgrading the kernel

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 00:00:28 UTC 2005

On Sat,  5 Feb 2005 17:25:56 -0500 (EST)
Xung wrote:

> when I installed Fedora 3, I configured its as a secondary OS. Recently, I upgraded the kernel from 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.10-1.760_FC3, and now my primary OS is Fedora. How do I changed it back to my original preference, always boot XP first
>
> Thanks

When a new kernel is installed it is put in the first position in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file.
Entries are referenced beginning with 0 (zero). To make XP the first change the default to the relative position of the XP entry. ie. if it is in the secound
position change the to default=1.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA