Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sun Feb 6 19:35:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 13:57 -0500, William Hooper wrote:
> Felipe Alfaro Solana said:
> [snip]
> >>>

> >> What's wrong with gmane?  They already carry the fedora lists and have
> >> aweb interface...
> >
> > What's wrong with NNTP? ;-)
>
> What do you think gmane provides?
>
> http://gmane.org/

There's nothing wrong with gmane, in fact IMO it does many of the things
that we would like. However it is not under the control of either the
Fedora Community or Red Hat. We need a solution we can manage ourselves.
That said, the functionality that gmane offers is a pretty good starting
point for what we should be hoping for, although I've no idea whether
gmane's web interface is any good.

The irony is that having chased all the Red Hat engineers off this list
I wonder if anyone who will actually be responsible for making these
changes is even reading any of these suggestions!

Best, Darren