FAQ (was Re: Failed MediaCheck)

Max Kanat-Alexander max_list at fedorafaq.org
Mon Feb 7 05:31:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:55 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> It should be noted that that FAQ is not an official one, and has some
> issues.

	If you notice any issues, feel free to send me an email! :-)

> For example, it does not mention the cdrecord -dao -pad solution for
> mediacheck issue. If possible, it is better to burn that way and avoid
> needing to issue a command to the installer telling it to turn dma off
> on the CD drive.

	Right. But the point at which people ask the *question* is when
mediacheck fails. They've already burned the CDs. It's more useful to
tell them how to now mediacheck their CDs than to tell them how to go
back and burn a whole new set of CDs. :-) Particularly if they didn't
burn them in Linux.

	-Max