Reading/Copying from NTFS Partition

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Feb 7 06:36:44 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 14:53 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Mark Sargent wrote:
>
> > HaJo Schatz wrote:

> >> Which doesn't really answer the OPs question...
> >> See http://www.fedorafaq.org for the answer.
> >>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > great stuff guys. Downloaded/installed/mounted...again, great stuff.
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Mark Sargent.
> >

> Hi All,
>
> can I also write to NTFS with this add-on..? Is it stable..? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

If you are using the module from linux-ntfs.souceforge.net (sorry I did
not see which you were told to use) it seems stable to me.

No it cannot be written (except very limited), see my earlier note where
I referenced the FAQ at
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/ntfs.html .

What a lot of people do when they want to read/write to/from each os is
create a fat32/vfat partition that then can be used read/write by both
systems.  Any data put in there from either Windows or Linux can be
read/written from the other.  Otherwise it is basically a one-way
street.