ppdev /dev/parport0

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 7 06:44:59 UTC 2005

Manojav Sridhar wrote:
> hey all,
>
> am using wine to run a windows proggie to write stuff onto a parallel
> port. its writing at 500 bytes/sec! on FC2 it used to faster at around
> 5/6kbyes/sec! anyone know what FC3 is doing?? and how i can make it faster?
>
> thanks
> manojav

You may have to ask this on the wine list. As it is wine that is
responsible for emulating the Windows Parallel port API, I would suspect
this is where the problem lies, not necessarily Fedora Core 3.

UNLESS you can test native linux /dev/lpx stuff and find it is indeed
slower than the relevant test on FC2, then the above holds true.

Regards,
Ed.