Will livna be rebuilding against Fedora Extras?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 09:36:05 UTC 2005

On 02/06/2005 06:46:28 PM, Bernd Radinger wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 21:21:49 +0000, Michael A. Peters
> <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> > rpm.livna.org works for me (anyway) with Fedora Extras.
> > When Extras Pre went live, there was discussion about rebuilding
> > everything - but since shared libraries etc. hadn't versioned,
> there
> > wasn't a need to.
>
> I dont think that is true

Think what is true?
It was asked on the livna list if a rebuild should be done, I don't
think it was a general consensus - but in vast majority of cases, the
only difference between fc2 fedora.us and pre extras was the release
tag. If the shared libraries hadn't changed, rebuilding doesn't really
do anything.

12/20/2004 was when the question was asked if you want to look in the
livna archive. Not a lot of discussion, not much at all - but there
were no posts arguing they should be.

-=-

What is the problem gstreamer is having?
Is it liboil? I believe gstreamer repo uses liboil-0.2 and now Fedora
Extras offers liboil-0.3 - and I believe gstreamer-plugins needs a
patch for the new liboil.

That's the only thing I can think of that might be an issue (I also run
a small repository with gstreamer plugins, I half resolved it by
renaming by liboil package. Now yum is fine, but installing liboil-0.3
does not work)