ctrl-c in console resets title

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Feb 7 10:09:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 17:58 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I name consoles differently, for easy finding. Anyway, when using ctrl-c
> to stop a ping, it sets the title back to root at localhost:~.....blooding
> annoying. How can I stop this amazing catastrophe(lol)..? Cheers.
>
> Mark Sargent.

That is AFAIK the default.  It can take on the name of the process
running, but if no process is running it goes to the default.

To change that in the terminal window select edit - current profile -
Title and Command.  There are some options there that can be set.

Maybe just create a different profile for each terminal window you want
to open then set the title and other properties for each to make your
task easy.

I have not tried this since I do not use a lot of terminal windows and
it is not too hard to keep them straight.