Problem with CUPS

Mark Haney markh at uptimecomputer.net
Mon Feb 7 13:14:48 UTC 2005

Okay, I hope someone on this list can help me out here.  This is the
problem I encountered over the weekend with one of my Linux boxes.  I
normally leave the machine up 24/7 so I can keep track of my logs and to
be able to run tests from an outside IP onto my local where I work.  I
rebooted it this weekend and for some reason CUPS just died.  The
service failed to start and froze the machine.  I managed to get it to a
point where the service didn't start on boot, but now I need to know how
to fix it.  I have tried re-installing the packages.  I have tried
removing the offending package with --nodeps and using yum to install.
And I get the same problem every time.  Since it's always worked before,
I have never had to really learn a lot about CUPS so I'm struggling
here.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Haney
markh at uptimecomputer.net
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) Kernel: 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 GNU/Linux
08:06:20 up 2 days, 23:04, 2 users, load average: 0.33, 0.23, 0.16