Adding FUSE (filesystem in userspace) to fedora, where should I ask?

Vincenzo Ciancia vincenzo_yahoo_addressguard-gmane at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 7 16:07:36 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>> > Where should I ask for inclusion of fuse and sshfs in fedora?
>> in fedora extras list. note that fuse itself is being planned to be in
>> the upstream kernel
>
> Which is very cool. I'd suggest filing an "RFE" bug in bugzilla saying
> "when FUSE is merged, please add sshfs".

I'm not sure it's going to be merged soon - even if it's in the -mm kernel.
If merged however it will need support on the application side i.e.
libfuse, so that the difference between including it in a distribution now
or at merge time is a package less, namely the fuse kernel module, which
could then be dropped ("when" merged).

Where should I report an RFE? On bugzilla.redhat.com I can only report bugs
against single components. Should I report as a bug of fedora-extras? And
which component? Or what?

Thanks

Vincenzo

--
Please note that I do not read the e-mail address used in the from field but
I read vincenzo_ml at yahoo dot it