Solution Coming Re: Fedora Community: Under threat?

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Mon Feb 7 21:25:12 UTC 2005

On or about 2005-02-07 14:22, Robert whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:

> Fritz Whittington wrote:
>
>> On or about 2005-02-07 12:59, William Hooper whipped out a trusty #2
>> pencil and scribbled:

>>> There are already two ways of viewing this list via NNTP, why do we
>>> need
>>> another?
>>>
>>> As previously mentioned, gmane.org carries the Fedora lists.  I also go
>>> reminded (thanks to Pete Zaitcev's Blog) that Red Hat also already
>>> runs an
>>> NNTP gateway (news://news.redhat.com/).
>>>
>>> Anyone wishing to test a "news-to-web" gateway would do well to start
>>> there tests with one of those two.
>>>

>> Agreed.  The only problem with the gmane.org news is that it doesn't
>> seem to propagate postings to it backwards to the list, only from the
>> list to the newsgroup.  OTOH, if we all just stopped using the list
>> and just used the newsgroup....
>

> This is inaccurate, especially if you can read this reply because it
> is most assuredly being sent to newsgroup
> gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

OK, I'm corrected.  *I* can't seem to get my posts to it to forward to
the list.  See my reply to William Hooper above.  I presume it's some
problem in the email confirmation, which I didn't know about until just
now.

--
Fritz Whittington
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. (Immanuel Kant)