True Type Fonts

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Feb 8 00:01:48 UTC 2005

On 02/07/2005 03:19:35 PM, David Fletcher wrote:
> How do I get extra TTFs added to FC3 so that all users can access
> them?
>
> The trick that worked with RH9 was to copy them into a directory
> somewhere and
> use as root:-
>
> /usr/bin/ttmkfdir > fonts.dir
> /usr/sbin/chkfontpath --add /usr/winfont
>
> Someone said that for FC3 just copy the fonts into:-
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/
>
> but that didn't work either, at least not with Open Office which is
> what I
> want to use them with.
>
> Anybody know how to do this?

I put them in a directory called /usr/share/fonts/purchased

This next step probably is not necessary, or so I have been told, but
it doesn't hurt either -

cd /usr/share/fonts/purchased
mkfontscale .
mkfontdir

-=-
They just work and are available systemwide. I don't use OO.o though.
OO.o use to do its own font thing - I don't know if it still does.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/