how to query multiple servers

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Tue Feb 8 03:30:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 22:01 +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like yum on my fedora core 2 and 3 to query another repository
> if one is not avilable.
> What syntax (synopsys?) should I put into yum.conf to enable that?

Alexander, as usual, was short, correct, and to-the-point.  If an
example might help...

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://ftp.dulug.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        ftp://linux.stanford.edu/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch
        http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
failovermethod=priority
#mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

Without failovermethod the default ordering is roundrobin == random

Phil