k3b

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Feb 8 08:56:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:06 +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> John Wendel wrote:
>
> > Scott Ryan wrote:
> >
> >> On Tuesday 08 February 2005 08:08, John Wendel shaped the electrons
> >> to say:

> >> I dont seem to have that binary...
> >>
> >> root at legolas: pts/2: 9 files 54Mb -> locate k3bsetup
> >> /usr/share/apps/k3b/pics/crystal/k3bsetup2_guy.png
> >> /usr/share/apps/k3b/pics/73lab/k3bsetup2_guy.png
> >>

> > Sorry, my bad. I'm running a locally compiled k3b version 0.11.18.
> > Maybe Fedora doesn't ship k3bsetup ?  Maybe someone else knows the
> > Fedora way to fix it.
> >
> > John
> >
> Hi All,
>
> just do a yum install k3b or yum update k3b and wholla..cheers.

He's already got k3b; he's looking for k3bsetup, which is not part of
the Fedora k3b package because it *should* not be needed on a system
like FC3 with udev to set the device permissions properly. The idea is
that the CD writer device gets its ownership changed to the console user
when they log in.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>