Setting Up Mail Server and Vitual Hosting

Bob Brennan rbrennan96 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:25:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:04:25 -0500, Troyston Campano
<troystoncampano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am setting up server running Fedora which have multiple domain names
> pointed to the IP address of my server. I'd like to set up a single mail
> server that can be used by each domain for mail (pop3 or imap I guess). I'd
> like to set it up so that each domain can have mail accounts for their
> individual domains.
>
> I'm a complete newbie when it comes to setting up a mail server and even
> more so trying to figure out the multiple domain names with one mail server.
> For apache I use Name-Based Virtual Hosting to have one web server managing
> multiple domains/web sites. Not sure how to do this with a mail server.
>
> Any help or pointers to documentation would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> ~ Troyston Campano ~

Troyston,

I've marked your question and am waiting for an expert response, but
after 2 days on this list there haven't been any and that's not
usually a good sign.

I'm in the same situation as you setting up servers and virtual
accounts, so I hope that sharing the documentation I am currently
investigating might be of help to you, or possibly provoke a "no, no,
*that's* not how you do it!" from someone smarter than me.

I am trying to do it with Dovecot - here is the document I am using:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers

HTH, bob