javaws hangs under FC3

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Feb 8 21:46:16 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:33, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:48:31 -0500, Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > However when I setup to use javaws I found that a zombie process would
> > get started and then the main javaws process would hang using almost
> > 100% of the CPU.
>
> > What I am not sure of is is this a javaws bug or a glibc bug?
> Javaws. It should be fixed in the next 1.5 jdk update.
>
> > Does anyone have a current work around?  I am trying to get this new
> > laptop operational for work but without those java scripts I can not
> > move over to it yet.
> Found on http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do;:YfiG?bug_id=6195591
> a link to
> http://www.jbg.f2s.com/javaws-1_2_0_06-linux-i586-i.zip
>
> Which installed a working version of webstart.
>
> Klaasjan

I tried version 1.5 earlier today, specifically
jre-1_5_0_01-linux-i586.rpm from Sun's web site.  Same problem with
javaws in that version also.  But as an added bonus the java plugin did
not work with mozilla.  :(

I will check out the file you pointed to above.

Apparently this has been broken since FC3 came out.  Surprised I have
not seen more in the list about it.  Only found a brief exchange back in
November.

--

Response brought to you by AutoReponder 0.1
a product of Magic-8-ball productions.