Firefox, java and squid proxy authentication.

Ian Mortimer ian at physics.uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 23:07:02 UTC 2005

Our proxy server requires authentication and FC3 users are complaining
about firefox popping up strange looking authentication windows at
random times (after they're already authenticated).

As far as I can tell this happens when they visit sites using java.

I found a suggestion that upgrading java would fix it but we have
the latest installed (1.4.2_07).

I could file this as a bugzilla report against firefox but I'm not
sure if this is a firefox or a java problem.  Anyone else seeing
this problem?

Thanks
--
Ian