editing boot.ini

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Feb 9 01:34:51 UTC 2005

THUFIR HAWAT (thufir) wrote:

>i did the classic fresh install of win2k so that now i can only boot into windows.  i'll do more googling on bootsect.lnx; at present i don't know how to do what you're suggesting.
>
>--
>Thufir Hawat

If you did not do anything to your Linux (Fedora) patitions, you could
simply boot with the first cd or rescue disk (if the first  disk is
used, you will need to boot with boot: linux rescue). Let the rescue
process identify your installation and mount it, then simply chroot
/mnt/sysimage and run grub-install /dev/hda. So if you had a previous
Windows entry in Grub, you will still be able to boot into Windows using
Grub (which I find it easier to deal with than the Windows bootloader).