cups configuration is changed by someone

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Wed Feb 9 12:14:59 UTC 2005

Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:41:05AM +0100, Herbert Gasiorowski wrote:
>
>>Anyone knows what is going on?
>
> Sounds like you had changed /etc/cups/cupsd.conf by hand, even though
> you have system-config-printer installed.  Remove
> system-config-printer if you want to do that.

Or go back and reconfigure your printers using system-config-printer.
Once I did this, system-config-printer stopped changing my printer
configurations. The configuration process winds up being remarkably like
CUPS.

I think system-configuration-printer is an attempt by Red Hat to
abstract printer configuration. It seems pretty heavy-handed if you are
used to CUPS. I still get an extra entry per printer which I think has
something to do with kudzu. I decided to ignore those.

Andrew Robinson