Gnome default folder view settings

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed Feb 9 14:32:43 UTC 2005

> <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> > I can't get folders to look the way I want. I want them to always open in
> > 'View as List' but some of them always come up as 'View as Icons'. (this
> > is using nautilus)
> >
> > I've been into edit > preferences > views and set it to 'View new folders
> > using List View' but still they come up as icons each time.
> >
> > What have I missed?
> >
> > Duncan
> > --
> > Linux user #372812
> >
> > --
>
> Go to Applicatiopns---> System Tools ----> configuration Editor
> Apps ---> Nautilus--> Preferences
>
> scroll dowen to where it say  "Default folder View
>
> Change  icon_view    To  list_view

Thanks Jim, but it didn't work. 'default_folder_viewer' is already set to
'list_view' ... just checked. Should be too, cause that I what i set it too
in nautilus: edit > preferences > views

So, what have we missed here?

Could it make a difference that some of the folders are in a vfat partition?
Most of them work fine though - it's just one or two that don't. Is there
some method of resetting folder properties in those folders?

Duncan