fedora extras not showing up on my yum update

A. Rick Anderson a_rick at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 19:44:52 UTC 2005

David Hoffman wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:33:30 -0500, A. Rick Anderson
><a_rick at earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>> <>I've got a cron job running yum update every night (actually, early
>> morning). I created a file (fedora.extras) from
>> http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/PRE-EXTRAS and placed it in my
>> /etc/yum.repos.d directory. I added the checksum keys, as suggested.
>> However, a review of my root email for the last several days seems to
>> show that I am not syncing with the extras repository:What am I missing?
>
>Change the name of your "fedora.extras" file to "fedora.extras.repo".
>
>According to /etc/yum.conf:
>"PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo"
>
>I think the extension is important.

I missed that comment in the yum.conf file.  I added the extension and
now it is working.  It might be a good idea to add that little tid-bit
to the instructions on http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/PRE-EXTRAS.

Thanks,

However, now I am getting the following error:
liboil-0.3.0-1.i386.rpm   100% |=========================| 3.1 kB    00:00
---> Package liboil.i386 0:0.3.0-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: liboil-0.2.so.0 for package: gstreamer-plugins
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: missing dep: liboil-0.2.so.0 for pkg gstreamer-plugins

--
A. Rick Anderson